Saturday 16 June 2018

275. Casting the net

LAKE ANNECY, (NEAR GENEVA), FRANCE

Much as it pains me to admit it, the Disco is being difficult. It no longer makes power below two thousand five hundred and smokes awfully. The result is that I have to keep the revs up and drive very strategically, even resorting to low ratio in steep villages. I have checked all the obvious as there are no fault codes. Yesterday I removed the intercooler boost pipe that is a known weakness and unfortunately it is fine. Cleaned the MAP sensor as advised and removed the air cleaner in case it was restricting. Suspect faulty EGR valve or turbo waste gate. The turbo is too buried for me to easily check.

My FB appeal
Joined the Land Rover LR3/LR4 Discovery 3/4 Owners Group on FaceBook and got a myriad of suggestions, some useful but very appreciated. Spent hours researching the issue online which is a mixed bag as it is public with many self proclaimed experts.

Dinner
It is amazing how much time researching online then checking on the Disco took, it mowed the bulk of the day. Disco3 is a wormhole of information from which one might never return.

Desperate for a friendly face I wrote the email on the left to the nearest Link dealer in the area as I know that I will need workshop facilities to progress things much further. I know it is a bit of an imposition but I am casting my net far and wide.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment as I often feel like I am writing in a vacuum.