Sunday 17 June 2018

276. Unlimited

LAKE ANNECY, (NEAR GENEVA), FRANCE

Data at this camp sucks. I'm sorry but there it is. One of the features of this site was the free wifi. I spent, probably a couple of hours yesterday trying to get through the laborious process of logging in and failed. Our Vodafone dongle is out of data and my phone is warning me that it is over ninety percent expired. In desperation I asked our neighbour how to use the camp wifi to which he replied, "Don't bother, it is useless". Shortly after this I got this from O2 You've used up your monthly UK + Europe zone data allowance. It'll renew on 8/7/2018. Until then, you'll be charged for each MB of data you use - brilliant


This morning's focus was supposed to be sorting transport for Jacqueline and Audrey, in the UK for tomorrow. Discovered her car, the Grandarse, left in the UK, has registration issues and as we haven't completed a Sorn, the whole year is now due. To complicate things you can't tax or insure the car until the MOT is completed - crikey, the world ain't a simple place for duffers like me! 

Before I could sort options I needed data. Remembered that we had an unused UK prepay card and tried to activate that. Was a real circus as they had sent it to our home and that was not the same as our bank address. Lucky I have nothing better to do... 

Contacted in-law Tony and got him on the case and he did a great deal of researching which is appreciated. Upshot is, I'm going to try and book the Grandarse for a MOT tomorrow before the family arrives tomorrow evening.

Two bits of good news significantly lifted my spirits. Three Mobile took pity on me and gave me seven days of unlimited data free so that got us up and going again and I got the fantastic message from Amo of Excelisis, our Link dealer in Lyon, see below.

And that mowed the whole day, along with biking to the local supermarket before they closed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment as I often feel like I am writing in a vacuum.