Friday 29 June 2018

288. Pinged

Lake Annecy

T50 Torx
Shiny new disk
Let Louis know at nine that I wouldn't be taking up his kind offer for a sail in his boat as I realised that I really needed to tackle the Disco's brakes while I had the borrowed tools. Removed the front left wheel and dismantled so that I could crack the large twenty one millimetre bolts that secure the calliper carrier. I did this with his sliding ⅜ t-bar drive and my jack handles on the end of it for extra leverage and I still was only just able to crack the bolts. had to unknot my neck as each one undid. I do not yet posses the necessary T50 Torx to release the brake disk. Realised once I had the wheel back on and off the jacks that I had, yet again, failed to reconnect the brake wear sensor. Very tedious, particularly as the wheels are very heavy and a real pain to centre on the studs. Luckily the right front disk, damaged by running out of pad is lacking the locating T50 Torx bolt so I was able to change it and replace the damaged replacement pads, bought at great expense, earlier in the month. The disk had got so hot sitting in the sun that I could barely lift it into place.

After degunging in the shower I went for a swim, rigged Teasel and, as there were no other takers, went for a sail in the light five knot breeze, right across the lake and back again. Lois watched me leave and arrive and was very complimentary which was nice of him.

Jeff's is pretty much identical to this
Returning the borrowed socket set to Jeff, Roman and I were shown around his Winnebago powered by a V10 ford engine, now running LPG. Very nice but then as they say there is always a bigger boat.

Received a very apologetic WhatsApp message from Amo saying that I had incurred a speeding ticket in the borrowed workshop car - very embarrassing. It had been so late in the day when I got the call to collect the Disco that I had needed to travel at the speed limit but must of exceeded at some point. Looks like a ninety euro hit which is silly of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment as I often feel like I am writing in a vacuum.