Monday 25 June 2018

284. Disco Beat

Lyon

WhatsApp communication with Amo re the Disco

Today was the day for collecting the Disco after arranging last Thursday for an oil change and being told it wouldn't be ready till today. Not sure what time workshops open in these parts I sent my first enquire to Amo, our go-between, at nine this morning. I really wasn't keen to drive an hour and a half only to discover that the Disco wasn't finished or worse, that the workshop was closed.  Very relieved a bit after four when the all clear came through. The elder two elected to stay behind while Roman and I rattled off in the workshop's Peugeot with the windows open for survival in this heat. A buffeting noisy trip at motorway speeds.

As promised, the Disco was ready and it was a matter of moments to unload seven hundred and twenty euro and we were on the road again in blissful quiet and comfort the Disco pulling strongly from one thousand rpm.

Job well done Fyfe and Iris
Delighted and surprised on our return to discover that the remainers were true to their word and had completely tidied up the kitchen and living area in the Giantavan. Simon and Alison, our lovely new Welsh neighbours dropped over a Tarte Citrone Meringue and caught us listening to The Archers! "We really are edgy and alternative", I assured them though I don't think they were at all convinced. After catching up with three episodes we started on Harry Potter, read by Stephen Fry - a delight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment as I often feel like I am writing in a vacuum.