Monday 4 June 2018

263. Minimal Input

Genoa

Planning next stops and where to stay has got harder as my reliable source of campsites Pitchup and ACSI do not have as many options hereabouts. This means finding individual campsites by searching on Google then opening that camps information and trying to determine whether they have space, allow large twin axle caravans (about half don't) and what the likely cost per night might be. Most of the camps don't have online booking and you have to send an enquire. Very time consuming and can get very confusing as to which is what. As the bulk of the market is for two people our additional four can be wounding, often doubling the cost. For the first seven months of the trip we usually managed to keep the nightly charge under thirty five euro per night. Now that we are in peak season and in a more expensive part of the world I am trying to keep the nightly cost under fifty euro per night.

This camp is the first with coin operated showers. The showers are tiny, unisex and the meter is outside, metres away. I slotted the fifty cents required, left in and got about two minutes or less. Not what I expected. Assuming a shower consumes ten kilowatts (I doubt this one is) and in Italy the cost is €21.42/kW, ten minutes would have cost the camp thirty six cents so would have been a reasonable time for my fifty cents - never mind, I'll cope, besides, my hygiene is a concern for others, not me.

Afternoon trip along the coast road to Genoa. Absolutely beautiful, most of the beaches private, immaculately groomed and covered with empty deck chairs and loitering staff on this grey day. I don't know much abut Genoa but I do know that much of its industry is on its south side from which we were approaching at a slow crawl.
Lighthouse of Genoa from the car - impressive
Returning with Roman following his "nature wee"
Snap by Roman
Loading supermarket shop in Genoa
Avenue with Plain Trees and car parking in the middle,
very stylish

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment as I often feel like I am writing in a vacuum.