Wednesday 6 June 2018

265. State line

LAKE MAGGIORE, LAKE DISTRICT, Lombardy, ITALY

Big day today - Audrey's eleventh birthday. The day started with her siblings making her breakfast in bed, as is the tradition in these parts. We, the parents had to lie low while saucepans clattered, oaths muttered and eventually we heard the world's most popular song and the delivery. Venturing to the kitchen, I observed how I was to spend the next hour, and did.

No table room so the last of the breakfast beside her
On yer marks..
Converse sneakers as requested
Dunno, can't remember, nice snap though
The main event
The three younger children played with this for the rest of the day

After lunch I unloaded Teasel and went for a sail with Iris to Piemonte region (we are in Lombardy), or as near as I reckoned it to be as the boarder is in the middle of the lake. Lovely sail with a bit of a chop and I recon about a six knot onshore breeze. After Iris had had enough I had a cup of tea then went out for another sail. Fantastic to be able to do so. Thank you Jacqueline for taking a couple of snaps.
From the Giantavan
Breeze was straight onshore
Need to sheet the main!
Returned on a dying wind, the moment it started dropping the mozzies attacked even though I was half a k offshore.

4 comments:

  1. Philip you must be over the moon with the decision you took to venture on this trip? It seems to have created a bond between you all that would have been difficult to have achieved any other way. Don't envy you the mosquito bites !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel very lucky to have this opportunity with the family while they are still at a home-centric age, eight to fourteen years old.

      Delete
  2. Belated happy birthday Audrey! Birthday twin with my twins!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy birthday to them in return. Loved the FB snap of them

      Delete

Please feel free to comment as I often feel like I am writing in a vacuum.