Monday 2 April 2018

200. Getting Lax

Christchurch

Realised that I had left my flash cap that Jacqueline bought me in Asteroyds so popped over to Lyttelton to retrieve it. It was very tempting to launch but uncharacteristically, sense prevailed and I returned to spend the afternoon with Das and AM. 

The AP* was suffering guilt at her being away in Queenstown, not able to drop her precious (me) off at Harewood Aerodrome but is thinking that she would like to join us again, mid year, somewhere in Europe which is exciting. 

Dropped the Type R, flying bag and detritus off at Uncle Richard’s then Stephanie and Ian met us at Spitfire Centre near the airport which was very good of them. Also gave Das and me the chance to admire the Spitfire replica which is very impressive. 

Sitting waiting for departure I had time to reflect that Christchurch is indeed a good place and I look forward to returning when this trip is done. 

*Aged Parent

4 comments:

  1. "The Aged P" from Dickens's Great Expectations:

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Wemmick#Personal_life

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Douglas for your comment. It is the one function of blogs that doesn't work. According to the stats, nearly nineteen thousand pages of this blog have been read to date and there has only been a handful of comments.

    The comment section is not very inviting or easy to see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just looked it up and there have been one hundred and three comments to date, more than I thought.

      Delete

Please feel free to comment as I often feel like I am writing in a vacuum.