Saturday 7 April 2018

205. The small hours

MAZARRÓN

Lovely catch up with Cousin Kay Livingston on the phone. She and John are in the process of sorting her Dad, Mac's house readying it for sale. It is a beautiful home in Prestwick that we stayed in twice while we were living in the UK. Prestwick is a gorgeous seaside town and Jacqueline and I came away thinking that we would happily live there. Also learned that Cousin Jonathan has just bought a F-Pace, oh, and their baby, Hannah, is doing well, now four months old.

Roman with English audience
Fyfe communicating with nature
List be damned, beautiful day and the pool beckoned. 

Sheena's (Mary & Stuff) birthday today and we found her in the pool so everyone in the pool got to enjoy the beautiful clear ringing tones (mine mostly) of Happy Birthday.

With so much to do the plan was to spend a short time at the pool then crack on, however, no plan survives the first contact intact. Following our swim, while we lolled on loungers, Sheena got to spend quality time in the pool with Roman and his birthday Playmobil boat. Turns out, as we discovered later, Romans character Joe left Sheena's Josephine sitting on the beach for a whole year waiting while Joe when for a zoom around in the speedboat. 

For Sheena's birthday I cooked dinner for everyone in the Giantavan. Fish-fingers and chips* (three batches) for the five children in the Giantavan and salmon, asparagus and chips in Mary & Stuff's camper-van for the adults. All was going well till I reached for the salmon and realised, in my indecision, in Aldi, I had failed to purchase either. Quick trip back to Mazarrón and a slightly delayed dinner. By eleven, after a great evening, I was falling asleep in the camper-van, blaming my travels, (actually this has been standard operating procedure my whole adult life) and left them to it. Jacqueline got into bed at five thirty. Apparently, Brian had nodded off after I left and Sheena and Jacqueline talked all night - duffers.

*Chips = fries/frits

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment as I often feel like I am writing in a vacuum.