Thursday 26 April 2018

224. Half way

AVIGNON

Us from Edward, Matthew and Claire's
Broken
support
bar
Fiddled around this morning, taking the boat off, getting the Disco ready for its visit to Franck 4x4 to see why it is loosing coolant. By the time I had fiddled around a bit more it was nearly midday and, of course, it was more than likely that the workshop would be closed.

Elected to make a start on the front locker and cut though the mild steel cut like butter with the new angle grinder and blade, it quickly became apparent that I would have to remove the locker floor, drawbar cover plate etc. to get good access. While removing the batteries and bits I discovered that the bar that supports the locker was broken. Explains why things had decorated rapidly front locker wise on the trip here.

Drove thirty five minutes to Franck 4x4 and discovered that it was just a second hand Land Rover show room. The lady there gave me Google Translate the workshop address, I entered it into the GPS (phone), showed her, she confirmed and set off, into the country as it turned out for eight kilometres. There wasn't even an entrance where the GPS indicated. Drove back to the showroom and she led me to the workshop in her Freelander. Turned out to be about three hundred metres. Who knows how she thought the route on my GPS was correct.

Man at workshop had a quick look and indicated the smell of coolant and we both nodded sagely. All communication was again by Google Translate standing in the workshop as the wind was strong. He indicated Tuesday would be OK. I showed him the ball joints and he said OK. Gave him the broken strut and the jockey wheel clamp to be re-tapped and he said Mardi OK.

On returning to camp Jac pointed out that Tuesday is May Day, a public holiday. Tomorrow I will ask the camp office to phone Franck 4x4 Garage to see if Tuesday is correct.
Sur le pont d'Avignon from our camp
For the French significance of this bridge click here to listen to the song - I strongly recommend you don't, it is terrible. I have only managed to listen to the first twenty seconds. I like cousin Matthew's comment about this bridge on my FB post When are they going to finish it? though cousin Lynda 's How could you not know that song?!!! Where were you brought up ... the other side of the world?!!! comes a close second.

Humour me people and test the comment section below on this post. 

6 comments:

  1. So you couldn't get a drink and started decorating. Bit weird...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do hope you can get the Disco fixed soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are still here! Just no witty comments!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think "no witty comments" suffices.
      Trust you are both well. As experienced caravaners you must roll your eyes at our efforts!

      Delete

Please feel free to comment as I often feel like I am writing in a vacuum.