Thursday 12 April 2018

210. The high road

Barcelona


Slanwinski's free camp
Another huge drive, another late start - I think I can see a pattern developing. WhatsApp from the  Slanwinski's tells me that they got on the road at nine thirty. Niki's dawn snap from their free camping spot left me very envious. The problem, for us, with free camping is that we would be leaving the Giantavan unguarded when we venture away in the Disco for the day.

I needed to turn right at this point
Dinner for all
We stayed on motorways as departing at two thirty meant that we had to keep moving. The Slanwinski's took the beautiful (free) coast road with us both arriving at camp at a similar time. Nikki had organised a beach side spot for us by the time that we arrived. Access to the site was slightly hampered by a car parked, inconveniently on a corner which meant a search for the owner who was in a cabin well across the camp site. I think they had just driven along the one way road till they found a spot to park, on the outside of the corner where the Giantavan's swing would have clouted them.

Uno
We did a combined dinner for eleven; us; Nikki; Jenny; MacKenzie; Tjelle; Onno. Stayed up too late while the children played Uno in the camper van and adults chatted in the Giantavan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment as I often feel like I am writing in a vacuum.