Saturday 21 April 2018

219. Pumped

CARCASSONNE


Song for the day thanks to Matthew. Listen and enjoy while reading.

Before
Got to the tyre shop before they closed for the weekend at midday and was very relieved to see that the tyre supplied and fitted was in fact rated to four and a half bar pressure and six hundred kilogram weight. While I was there I also purchased a two ton bottle jack as the Disco scissor jack struggles as the Giantavan is too low for it to have a reasonable ratio of lift. Matthew, Fyfe and I then went on and did one of those unencumbered shops that always leads to trouble on return to camp.


After
Jacqueline Iris and Claire disappeared into Carcassonne for the afternoon for their own unencumbered shop and I settled down to repairing the Giantavan's inner guard that was damaged by the flat tyre shredding itself earlier in the week. While I was at the supermarket I had purchased a Click-Clack type container to be sacrificed and cut into shapes to effect the repair. I cut sections including the right angle bottom corner of the container as the damage to the inner guard was both to the face you can see in the attached photos and the botton face also. I used Matthews cordless drill with a flat wood screw bit that was my Grandfathers that has no auger but sharp edges. This allowed me to use the drill like a router with the result that I was able to make right angle pieces of plastic to effect the repair.

Roman and Edward had a great day. Built a bridge across the river (stone driveway between our sites) out of our bonfire supplies collected by the children from the island and then building a hotel in and around Fyfe's tent that they put up yesterday. Audrey joined in this game that ran all afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment as I often feel like I am writing in a vacuum.