Sunday 1 July 2018

290. Connected

NEAR ZERMATT, THE MATTERHORN, SWITZERLAND

Iris over by the restaurant using the free wifi for homework.
After yesterdays excitement today was a day of catchup; washing; homework; blog and swimming.

When I asked at reception the bloke said there was no free wifi so I purchased a week for five Swiss francs, not bad. He got me to try it on my phone and it immediately connected with good bandwidth. Back to the Giantavan and annoyed to find that it was locked into my phone. Other sites you could only use the paid wifi one device at a time so I would connect to it on our Solwise wifi booster and create a local network for our five MacBooks and two iPhones. This wifi was now locked onto my phone only - dammit.

Annoyed, I went back, explained the need for the children's homework and the lady now on duty said there was free wifi at the restaurant. That'll work. Iris immediately got cracking and said that it wasn't bad. I managed to connect with the wifi booster using the supplied omnidirectional aerial but the bandwidth was hopeless. Iris' Duolingo uses very little data. Back to the office, another week token for five francs and we were up and going with good bandwidth. This all filled in the morning nicely, as they say.

The afternoon was many loads of washing through our little machine and one big load through the camp machine then off to the pool till the early evening.

Kept an eye out for a cable car going overhead but they are so fast and silent it is not easy,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment as I often feel like I am writing in a vacuum.