Thursday 19 July 2018

308. Pumped

UNTERÄGERI - NEARISH TO ZÜRICH AND LUCERNE

Inflatable cat in background looks
good but sails poorly
Rigged on site
Children off colour so another day at camp which is always very pleasant. Took Teasel down to the lake towing it behind the Disco with Iris and Fyfe walking alongside the boat to keep it level. By the time I got set up the wind died completely so ignoring the signs (this is Switzerland) saying no boats to be parked I set about doing some more glueing then packed it up for the night, leaving the boat near the water.

There is a dry horse trough halfway down to the lake with a pump. Passing children pump it enthusiastically with no result. Roman headed off with a bottle of water, and me, to try priming it and got a result. Half an hour of pumping later the trough was full, I admire his tenacity. 

Todays photos are all taken on Roman's little Pentax Optio which is waterproof so I was going to take it with me on the boat. We purchased it in Lisbon from a second hand shop and Roman has had a lot of fun playing with it but this is the first time I have downloaded photos and am very impressed though, like all decade old cameras the video is low resolution though not a bad thing for children.

In the evening we enjoyed a bit of The Grand Tour on the free camp wifi.




2 comments:

  1. Phillip - when are you going to choose a camp that isn't by a lake? I'm noticing a theme emerging. Looks like another idyllic stopping place

    ReplyDelete
  2. Busted, yip, I grab em when I can.
    Loving swimming in the lakes rather than crowded camp swimming pools

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment as I often feel like I am writing in a vacuum.