Thursday 12 July 2018

301. Triple century

INTERLAKEN, SWITZERLAND

Today is our three hundredth day touring in the Giantavan. I am glad I have kept this blog up as I doubt I would be able to recall half of it. For the children, this is just life, for me I am incredibly grateful to have this opportunity to be with the family and seeing Europe. I feel incredibly lucky and thank:

  1. NZ & UK family - your enthusiastic support for what we are doing
  2. The board, particularly Kendall our chairman for encouraging me to trust the process and let go of the minutae
  3. Andy and the team at Link for taking the business to another level
  4. Mark in the UK for all the Disco support and building on what we started in the UK
  5. The Holyport lads (and families) - lots of travel advice and laughs. I miss the twice weekly tennis and the yarns
  6. Jacqueline

Audrey and Teasel
A bike ride was the thing today as there seems to be lovely bike tracks everywhere. Prior to leaving Audrey had a quick row in Teasel, her first without a helmsman but didn't like battling the wind in the open water.

The ride was lovely, through open country, me watching the paragliding. It certainly looks appealing but not really one for family holidays. 

We biked into Unterseen which is across the river from Intelarken and enquired about haircuts for the children as, unlike me, they need professional attention. They were able to do Fyfe immediately and the other three tomorrow, the girls at eight thirty tomorrow morning which will be interesting.

When we got back the younger three went for a row and ended up swimming with Teasel for a couple of hours with much shouting and merriment. I stood, at a distance, chatting to a lovely Swiss couple who are next to us.




Having broken a rowlock which didn't stop play,
the children eventually swum the boat in

3 comments:

  1. Look out for your blog daily. Well done Philip. Not sure how we will survive when you head off back to NZ.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very generous of you. I guess you will have to find another fool!
      Actually, it give me a great deal of pleasure knowing others are enjoying the blog.
      Are you still travelling yourselves?

      Delete
    2. Returned UK 10 April. But then went back to Spain on 22 May till 25 June staying at Camping Oyambre northern Spain near the Picos Mountains. Wonderful scenery & coastline. Hope to have next weekend away in the van at a little site near Pulborough in Sussex.

      Delete

Please feel free to comment as I often feel like I am writing in a vacuum.