Friday 27 July 2018

316. Poles Apart

LIECHTENSTEIN

As we were out of Toilet Blue, and the camp manager had assured me that the local supermarket stocked it I left promptly this morning by bike ........ obviously, that I am telling this fascinating tale regarding ablution supplies precursors failure, otherwise this wouldn't be blog material ...... so I returned empty handed.

Organising where to next then flights for my Mum from Tallinn, Estonia to wherever we are, or as close as possible. She (The Cat's Mother) is currently cruising from Moscow to St Petersburg by river boat then making her way to Estonia. This took an unprecedented degree of organisation as we, to date, have only booked our next location on leaving the last with campsite availability and price influencing that process. This task deemed it necessary to decide whereabouts we might be right through to mid August, a future date unimaginable to us myopic Giantervaners. Eventually managed to get my Mum a direct flight, throwing her at the mercy of Polish Airways, arriving Munich at seven thirty in the evening. I would say job well done but as yet I have not succeeded in my battle, with their web site, to secure her baggage. Beaten for now I will prevail. She is in seat 6F so that is something.

By the time I cried uncle at the hands of the Poles website, they empowered by our crappy wifi at this camp, a significant part of the day had passed meant that we were very late in getting away for Zürich, with a planned stop at a camping store for the aforementioned Toilet Blue. Despite the best efforts of Apple Maps to take us else where we arrived with a few U-turns at probably the best and largest camping store we have ever visited. Prices were only about double eBay and, who knows what a Swiss Franc is anyway - we were in our element till we were chased out at six o'clock. Thanks to the ridiculously huge range of stock we couldn't decide on anything and left with toilet blue, a five Watt light bulb for the Giantavan's second number plate lamp and a plastic door catch for the Giantavan door as the old one can't hold against the breeze, and that was it!

Supermarket next till we were thrown out at seven.
The local pile
Standing on the Giantavan roof this is my snap
of tonights unseen lunar eclipse
(in the V of the valley)
Very pleased with my new Swiss T-Shirt
SWF4.5 from the supermarket



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment as I often feel like I am writing in a vacuum.