Wednesday 4 July 2018

293. Zapped

NEAR ZERMATT, THE MATTERHORN, SWITZERLAND


Woken (not that early) by heavy machinery rumbling past at odd occasions. While making porridge I moved to a better vantage point to see tanks, M109 "KaWest" Howitzer tanks more specifically going past in groups of five, on rubberised tracks, much rubber left at the local roundabout. Later when driving to the supermarket Fyfe and I found the tanks loaded, waiting on a train, the driver waiting for the green light. I am amazed by the level of military activity in Switzerland.

Decided to wait for better weather to go up the Gornergrat cog railway to view the Matterhorn as at one hundred and forty swiss francs per adult it is only something we will do once on this trip. Probably Saturday is the day.

New sport in the Giantavan, fly hunting with an electronic fly swat. I was sick of little house flys waking me up in the morning so Fyfe and I bought a racket at the supermarket and much killing has ensued.
It is easy to get boys reading, bore them into it
Audrey and Roman set up a nightclub in the Giantavan's bunk room.
Thought I was invited however I was informed that my name was not on the list!
Eventually blagged my way in.
Here the barman is preparing my drink



3 comments:

  1. I'm impressed by the drawing of the pony on the night club sign.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too commented favourably while trying to blag my way in

      Delete

Please feel free to comment as I often feel like I am writing in a vacuum.