Monday 2 July 2018

291. Thunder

NEAR ZERMATT, THE MATTERHORN, SWITZERLAND

Thanks to Roman's keen eyes finally got a snap of the gondola
going overhead. There are only two gondolas,
one up, one down, occasionally during the summer.
Woke to the sound of a large turbine helicopter hovering, that I couldn't spot. After about half an hour I decided that I must be mistaken and it must be an industrial sound however that changed when a very large helicopter with contra rotating blades flew overhead to the nearby airport, for refuelling I guess. After twenty minutes I was able to track it up into the mountains above us where I could just see it ferrying something way up into the mountain.

Pilatus PC-7
Also not my snap, obviously
F18s fly by the Matterhorn
Not my snap, obviously
Thunder was predicted late afternoon however mid afternoon, with clear skies we got massive continuous thunder which turned out to be two Swis F18s twisting and turning, mere specks in the sky. Also PC-7s, similar to NZ's Texans, zooming overhead, considerably lower than the F18s.

Spent a good deal of time updating and sorting laptops. Jacqueline's MacBook Air has been quite a challenge requiring her to create a new sign in and delete her old. That said, it is all done and the OS High Sierra is now installed and operating as it should. Between laundry, correspondence, admin and normal camp stuff the day passed as a day at camp should. As I write this I have two MB Airs downloading and updating. Data being such a precious commodity when travelling it is a relief when there is data for a few days such as now.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment as I often feel like I am writing in a vacuum.