Wednesday 18 July 2018

307. Currant

UNTERÄGERI - NEARISH TO ZÜRICH AND LUCERNE


Roman, who had been off colour and not eaten dinner, finally threw up at about midnight. He was very good about it and continued to throw up for the next few hours, poor thing. We have had very little illness on this trip, probably due to having comparatively little contact with other people. The intimacy of even a large caravan makes for a family experience on such occasions.

Obviously this meant a home day today so it gave me a chance to swot up a bit on our DK Eyewitness books however I remain ignorant regarding this part of Europe, travel only reinforcing that reality. Also spent some time looking at where too next, possibly Liechtenstein, as I know nothing about Liechtenstein, didn't even know where Liechtenstein was till today. Got Teasel off the Disco and did a bit of maintenance, particularly the floor which had popped off the stern buoyancy tank with the children leaping around in the boat when recently swimming off it. This meant that the buoyancy tank would slowly fill as the boat fills, not ideal. Another job I had been putting off was the level float in the toilet tank. The only way to see how full the toilet is has been, for the last few months, to open the flap and peer into it. There is a gauge on the outside which is magnetically coupled to the removable tank, very clever. I had bought a new float assembly on eBay when Jacqueline and Audrey were in the UK which, luckily, came with instructions and photographs as it all has to be done blind, through the top hole which I could only get one hand through. The negative wire to the micro switch in the kitchen tap broke. I have already replaced it once. When you turn the tap on the micro switch turns the pump on, clever but incredibly fiddly and I don't have a spare micro switch. I cut back the plastic on the tiny switch and managed to resolver the broken wire on again, I didn't think for a moment that it would work but so far, so good.

This camp has free wifi and I was glad again to have our wifi booster as the signal was too weak where we are. Later in the day we watched some Amazon programmes and an episode of The Grand Tour as we have wifi.
Haven't had red currents for breakfast for years.
Took me back to staying with my Grandmother in Burnside.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment as I often feel like I am writing in a vacuum.