Wednesday 1 August 2018

321. Smoked Austrian?

Innsbruck

My office, heating set to 29ÂșC, shady Sycamore overhead, lovely
Replied to a campsite near Salzburg that said that said that they had vacancy from the thirteenth confirming our booking. Not completely confident. If successful this would give us two days in the area with my Mum before she departs for Blighty to stay with Tony, Elizabeth and family.

Next job was to organise accomodation for Mother so after a website fail on the local guesthouse I biked down and discovered it fully booked for the month - crikey, Mother in with the Giantavaners? Rapid search ensued and found a good alternative just down the road - phew. One room available, now booked and paid.

In the early afternoon I biked into Wattens to visit the bank and change the now useless Swiss Francs that we still have and get fifty euros for our neighbour to reimburse them for the power reel that the Disco mashed. After a couple of fails I arrived at a lovely air conditioned bank, wandered in to the empty bank and asked the first of the three tellers on duty if I could make the change. He looks slightly surprised and stated kindly It is the afternoon. I replied Good afternoon. His reply My apologies, it is the afternoon, you need to visit in the morning to change money. I can perform all other banking services for you. Well, what a fathead I am, of course I never should have attempted such a thing in the afternoon. I felt compelled to ask This is a cheese shop is it not? but resisted. 

Pool duty in the afternoon, alternatively bathing and bathing (swim and sun respectively). While swimming Roman nailed me on the head with an ice cold water balloon which actually gave me a headache, sensitive lamb that I am. Revenge will be served cold, hopefully as cold as that dam water balloon.

Q. Worked out today's title anybody?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment as I often feel like I am writing in a vacuum.