Tuesday 28 August 2018

348. Edward and Stuff

Mondsee, near Salzburg, Austria

Lake Mondsee, from the camp
Roman woke us at the crack of dawn mid morning, excited that Edward was arriving today, a treat as originally they were arriving tomorrow. Within an hour he was saying that he wished that he didn't know that they were coming as he was now so bored with waiting. I had messaged Matthew and Claire saying that we would do grub for a combined lunch. Just before midday I flicked a message asking what time they thought they might arrive and instantly got the reply that they were half an hour away. That galvanised us into action, me off to the supermarket and J into the shower. When I returned, panting they had already arrived and were ensconced in the Giantavan. J arrived from the shower shortly after.

It is lovely to see them and they are camped beside us and a combined dinner. While the three other adults sat around yarning I prepped for the NZ board meeting starting at ten thirty for me.

Attending a meeting remotely is always difficult but I mustn't grumble as I have chosen to be away. I sat in the car park outside the camp with the meeting finishing at two thirty in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment as I often feel like I am writing in a vacuum.