Wednesday 15 August 2018

335. Gone

Munich

The time had come to post the AP back into the computer. She is flying direct to LHR from Munich so Munich was the aim before exporting her. Our strategy of parking city centre was again, remarkably successful. Following our £2.30 DK Eyewitness Travel Guide we wandered around Marienplatz. Unknown prior to us today was a public holiday, Assumption Day and here they do public holidays properly, every business shut and I think that is a great thing. Do we really need to be able to shop every day? 
Iris was disgusted that I didn't know that this is Hermes,
son of Zeus and Maia.
She scoffed openly when I initially thought he was Mercury,
what a dullard I am!
Iris is like Hermione Granger, a real know it all. I agree with Ron.
Laughed to see Jac's car as a taxi amongst all the Mercedes and BMWs
Magnificent Town Hall
Stumbled upon this quartet, a
chromatic button accordion, violin, cimbalom and balalaika.
Absolutely beautiful. We were surrounded by waves of asians who appeared,
videoed with their phones unashamedly then left without making a donation, not one.
Germans and we were generous as it was a wonderful performance.
We also bought their CD but HP took precedence on the way to the airport then home.

Amusing puffer fish on top
In front of the town hall
Huge crowds gathered to watch the performance
by the mechanical manakins.
I think the whole performance took eight minutes.
Lovely staircase at the back of the Town Hall
At the airport.
Fyfe is helping Grandma
Lovely visit by my Mum, the AP, a venerable and intrepid traveller, now off to the UK to visit Elizabeth, Tony and family in our old haunt, Holyport. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment as I often feel like I am writing in a vacuum.