Wednesday 29 August 2018

349. Proofed

MONDSEE, NEAR SALZBURG, AUSTRIA

Spent the middle of the day yarning to Matthew about work and various opportunities. Felt tired in the middle afternoon so went for a swim in the lake beside the campsite, Lake Mondsee. It is warm, warmer than a pool and about waist deep for the first fifty metres, with a sandy bottom, perfect for children. Swam out to the pontoon, climbed on, lay down and promptly fell asleep in the sun which is about the most luxurious thing you can do. Woke when a couple of girls on a paddle board bumped alongside. 

Returning to camp I got stuck into applying the waterproofing that I had ordered only a couple of days ago that had arrived this morning. I bought two and a half litres that says it can treat sixteen square metres, the awning's replacement roof being about nine square metres, from experience I know that untreated canvas is like blotting paper and this proved to be the case here. Each brush full only did about a desktop calculator sized area. I painted the outer edge first and then deflated the awning's air poles so that the awning collapsed, still hanging from the awning track so that I could paint it, standing on the caravan steps. Matthew appeared and asked Want a lift? Bit rude I thought, him being over six feet tall. Turns out it is a Northerner expression for Hello good man, may I be of assistance? With both of us painting we soon had it done and retired exhausted twenty minutes later for a well desired beer or three.

Roman directing the tradesman's putting up diary lights

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment as I often feel like I am writing in a vacuum.