Friday 4 May 2018

232. Aligned

Avignon

Messaging on WhatsApp to brother Douglas this morning he asked if we have got the children going on Duolingo, language software recommended, while I was in NZ by Angline, Douglas' sister in law who is a Spanish teacher at Cashmere High School. Das had had a go at Duolingo, flying to Aussy recently and thought the children would enjoy it. I had not realised that it could be run as a www page online. Shortly after I had checked it out the children got up and took to it immediately.  Iris German, Audrey French, Fyfe Spanish and Roman Italian after initially wanting Maori which wasn't available. The target time in the software is fifteen minutes per day and I think the children did about three hours straight, financially motivated as well as game time credits.

In the spare site across the way I strung a line and hung the new plywood for the front locker. The acrylic sealer that I purchased yesterday is quite odd, on opening, it looked like PVA, which I guess it sort of is being water based. It went on like lightly coloured white paint and dried clear, with little odour. Acrylic paints have come a long way. Jacqueline went into Avignon to have a troublesome tooth looked at while I painted.

Got the call to collect the Disco. Biked back to the workshop and they were waiting for its return from the wheel alignment. I felt the price was pretty steep at three hundred and fourteen euro for fitting the supplied ball joints and alignment but relieved to have it done.

In the evening made up support blocks to sit on the drawbar for the two metre wide bars and painted them. Hoping to have the front locker completed tomorrow.



2 comments:

  1. Maybe the garage had trouble getting the bolts off....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wheel nuts you mean?
    I made sure I loosened them off from "rattle gun torque" to roadside torque before departing on this trip.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment as I often feel like I am writing in a vacuum.