Friday 25 May 2018

253. Notes from the Continent

Cannes

A beautiful day in this neck of the world and the children very focused on the beautiful heated pools here. 

Barnaby hung around waiting for our return
Unfortunately, I could not swim due to my eye infection so lolled around on the sun loungers around reading the original Bill Bryson's, Notes on a Small Island which I am enjoying much more than the two decades later The Road to Little Dribbling: More Notes from a Small Island which I found a little laboured, more like an assignment where the word count has to be met.

Gave up on the useless French agents for Domestic air conditioner parts and contacted a number of UK agents until one finally replied, promptly to my email. A few back-and-forths later they agreed to get in the replacement control PCB which would take about two weeks. I had barely sent them my card details when the French agent at Nice replied for the first time confirming that they had ordered my PCB and that it would arrive Tuesday. I really do not get how business operates here! Had to write the obsequious email to the left thanking the UK man Dale for his troubles.

Contacted the UK ODBII reader agents and got the App registered so that is also progress.





2 comments:

  1. Barnaby is a patient rabbit.

    Loved "Notes From a Small Island", especially his description of the friendliness of Yorkshire, and his surprise on finding his mail sitting on his kitchen table. Don't know whether you've reached that one yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loved how he hid in the pantry while the visitor poked around, holding the mail up to the light, reading the notes on the fridge then eventually saying quietly to the pantry "Just taking six eggs Bill, hope that is alright".

      Delete

Please feel free to comment as I often feel like I am writing in a vacuum.