Saturday 5 May 2018

233. Floored

Avignon

On arrival
Now
Got up in good time (seven thirty, good time for me) as I was determined to get the front locker sorted today, as it is now day six with the front locker being the main focus, as well as emptying the toilet and two grey waters, filling the flush water, getting fresh water forty litres at a time, endless dishes, making dinner (J seems to mostly do lunch) and getting in provisions.
Screws marching in line
Double beam strengthens C section

Really pleased with the repair, first class, even if I say so myself and I am. The front now lines up really well as it was always drooping a bit before the C section finally gave up.The load is now taken by the drawbar with the new ply floating with the drawbar.
Have always been a bit concerned that if we rammed something the batteries would depart the front locker collecting the Disco as they carried on their way down the road so applied myself to mounting them properly using parts to hand. That dealt with the rest of the day all I need now is two new quality one and a half metre straps, the blue ones pictured are off the Giantavan roof for holding the dinghy lifting rails. For the gas bottle which contains thirteen kilograms of gas so probably around twenty kilograms I am clamping through the new floor bars for the strap mounts and replacing the little plastic straps with proper tie down type straps which I will purchase tomorrow, hopefully from the supermarket.

Iris and Jacqueline disappeared into Avignon for the afternoon shopping, Audrey, Roman and Fyfe  did more maths and their respective language (search Duolingo in the search on this page) so everyone was happy.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Philip....really enjoying your writing....can visualise where you are now as Alastair and I visited the area in 2o12...wonderful memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Janice. It really is a wonderful walled city that I would certainly recomend.

      Delete

Please feel free to comment as I often feel like I am writing in a vacuum.