Wednesday 30 May 2018

258. Grand Prix

Monaco

Slow start as per usual after the board meeting which I think finished around two thirty this morning.

Five degree output temp
Outside temp, inside was warmer prior
Fitted the new PCB to the air conditioner unit on top of the Giantavan, full of trepidation, plugged it all in and pushed the remote and the fan started but no compressor. Couldn't believe it and no idea what to do next. Staring vacantly at the external roof top unit ,with the covers off, the compressor burst into life and within a couple of minutes cold air was streaming out, to my intense relief. At this point I remembered it always took a couple of minutes for the compressor to kick in after the unit started. With huge relief I assembled everything.

From the GPS
Late afternoon we headed for Monaco for a look. What a wonderful road, how I pined for a car or even just no passengers. It was a real climb, full of hairpins, probably one of the best roads I have ever seen to drive, wonderful.

In Monaco they were still packing up from Sunday's F1 meeting. We drove as many bits as we could, past massive temporary grandstands, it really is amazing that they still do a road circuit for F1.






Didn't take nearly enough photos as the driving was quite a challenge. Returned to camp via Nice and a supermarket.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment as I often feel like I am writing in a vacuum.