Tuesday 22 May 2018

250. Gorged

Gorges du. Verdon 

Fyfe and Roman prior to departure
Eye still a problem so off to the quack. Local turned out to be a foot clinic, nobody at reception but I could hear the sounds of wire being cut and realised that it was probably old peoples toe nails being severed... Drove on to the beautiful hillside village of Barjols and found a small practice. On entering I was eyed up by a waiting room of misfits like myself with the sign on the door into the corridor saying via Google Translate,
   Respect Privacy, Do NOT Enter 
I sat with about six others for about half an hour when somebody exited one of us got up and went in. First in, first served was the order of the day. When I was my turn I stood by the door (respecting privacy). When the doctor came out to collect me a french woman who had arrived twenty minutes after me stood up and bustled forward. I said I don't think so with a smile and luckily the Doc spoke english. The very fact of her speaking English, the bustling stopped, the crone turned on her heal and sat down - phew. I will spare you the details but I now have a new course of action for my now infected top eyelid, the sty disappeared a couple of days ago. On finishing the fee was twenty five euro cash which I didn't have. She let me go on promise of return with cash. Took quite a while to find an ATM but did let me explore town as a result, what a wonderful place, full of water features as they were for villagers and horses. By the time I got back with the cash she had closed up but pleased to see me return. I'm impressed that she trusted me to return.

In the afternoon we set off for the Gorges of Verdon - often considered to be one of Europe's most beautiful which are highly recommended both by the travel books and Jennifer - we were impressed.
Trigance










Seven hundred metre drop, I can believe it.


Looking toward the road on the south side

Gimmie the Batman and no passengers - please

The advantage of a wet day

Lake of Sainte-Croix
Would love to sail on it 
Lake of Sainte-Croix


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment as I often feel like I am writing in a vacuum.