Sunday 27 May 2018

255. Siege

Cannes

Chose the shade, possibly for the first time on this trip

Slow start due to staying out so late in Cannes last night. Lots of time in the pool through the middle of the day then later this afternoon, many loads of washing through our little machine, heating water on the inductive cooker and carting away the waste behind the bicycle, to the amusement of fellow campers.

With Monaco an hour up the road and the worlds most famous Grand Prix on today I had thought it was a wonderful opportunity to attend. Admittedly, I have not followed F1 for a number of years and now with the wonderful sound gone it has lost most of its appeal to me. This appeal was further diminished by discovering that the cheapest ticket available was four hundred and sixty five pounds a seat and that if I were to attend it would be with other family members. Likely cost for Fyfe in me for the day was looking at over a thousand pounds. This month we are purchasing return tickets for Jacqueline and Audrey to go to the UK for Audrey's appointment, paid my personal account over three and a half thousand dollars for our annual trust accounts (a figure I can't understand), had to replace a failed, double glazed window on our NZ house at over two thousand dollars and get a builder in to fix a leak above an external door for an undisclosed sum. F1 aspirations didn't have a chance.

2 comments:

  1. Phillip try getting in to Monaco a day or two after the GP you hopefully can almost drive the whole circuit before all the stuff is totally removed. We did a few years ago !

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment as I often feel like I am writing in a vacuum.