Thursday 31 May 2018

259. Good keen men

Nice / Monaco

Not the best of snaps
Another day at base camp which the children particularly enjoy. I managed to get a bit of reading in, the normal jobs and a short snooze in the sun. We, particularly the children, spent a lot of time talking to our lovely neighbours, he a doppelgänger of our family friend, now deceased, Roy Cairns. Can't remember his name, will ask again in the morning, a frequent failing of mine.

Dave arrived on a touring BMW and discovered he had an assistant, Roman. I first met him when he appeared at the door enquiring if I was OK with Roman assisting. I was. Turned out to be a super bloke, four days out of the UK, doing Italy then returning to the UK, totalling eight days. He joined us in the Giantavan for Magnums and a pleasant evening for all with the children not in bed till after midnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment as I often feel like I am writing in a vacuum.